Jennifer Maggio is an author, speaker, business consultant, CEO of a national nonprofit, wife, and mom. Her personal journey through homelessness, abuse, and single parenting has been used to inspire millions. At 19, Maggio was a single mother of two children, living in government housing on food stamps and welfare, who huddled on a bathroom floor certain she could not go on. She had few friends, little money, and no hope. She shares with great openness her pain, mistakes, and journey to find new hope in Christ.
She ultimately became an 11-time Circle of Excellence winner in Corporate America, securing over $55 million in accounts, before leaving that corporate success behind to launch a global initiative to see no single mom walk alone. Today, she is the CEO and Founder of The Life of a Single Mom, a nonprofit that has now served over 1 million single mothers. While a vocal advocate for abstinence and sustaining today’s marriages, Maggio remembers well the obstacles of parenting alone and wants to see single mothers thrive in their single season.
Her passion for Christ is contagious. She believes our only hope is found in Him. Our freedom, joy, healing, peace, restoration, and transformation is found in Christ alone.
Jennifer has been featured in hundreds of media venues in print, television, and radio including The New York Times, Focus on the Family, Daystar Television, The 700 Club, Moody Radio, Family Life Radio, Power Women, and many others. She has been named one of the Top 10 Most Influential Leaders in America, an Influential Woman in Business, a Blue Cross Angel Award Winner, a Rising Star Award Winner, Women’s Legislative Hero of Excellence, and many others.
There is so much I could say about the wonder-working power of Jesus in my life, whose saving grace set me free, and to submit it to you in a short, few, sentences seems almost impossible. His love covered a multitude of sins, giving me hope in the middle of hopelessness, restoring my soul, and offering me peace that I so desperately needed, when I had tried everything else. In short, I am a sinner, saved by the grace of God through the blood of His son, Jesus Christ. I didn't earn it. It was freely and generously given. And this new life in Christ is wide-open, expansive, and spacious, full of freedom and joy. It is my deepest desire that that freedom and joy emanates through all I do and say. It also may be important to note that I see God tearing down denominational walls, raising up a remnant of Believers who are radically in love with our Savior.
- I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and is without error. It is our instruction manual for life.(2 Tim. 3:6-7, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- I believe the wage of sin is death and redemption can be found through repentance and acceptance of Jesus Christ, as the risen son of God.(Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10)
- I believe Jesus is the only way to eternal life. (John 14:6)
- I believe that Jesus paid for our sins on the Cross and was resurrected on the third day. (Rom. 3:24-25, 1 Peter 2:24, Eph. 1:7)
- I believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory. (Deut. 6:4, 2 Cor. 13:14).
- I believe that the Church, the body of Christ, is made up of all-born again believers. (Eph. 1:22-23, 1 Corin. 12:12-14). I also believe the local church has immense value and gathering there is essential. (Heb. 10:25).
- I believe the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son. He convicts and guides, indwelling in Believers, entering at Salvation. (John 16:8-11, John 14:17, 2 Corin. 2:17, Ephesians 1 13-14, John 3:5-16, Romans 8:9)
- I believe the Holy Spirit imparts gifts for the Believers and they are still active today. (1 Corin. 12:1-10, Romans 12:3-8)
- I believe marriage is between one man and one woman. (Gen. 2:24, 1 Corin. 7:2, 1 Corin. 6:9, Lev. 20:13)
- I believe in the sanctity of life. (Jer. 1:5, Ps. 139:13-16, Job 31:15, 1 Corin. 3:16-17)
- I believe Jesus’ blood paid for freedom, healing, and salvation and that the aforementioned are all available today. (Luke 4:18-19, Matt 4:10, Luke 11:14, Matt. 10:1-8, Luke 10:17)